Philip Sant worked in the office of Seddons Salt Works before he joined the army in 1914. He was last seen on 16 August 1918 and is buried in Sandpits Cemetary, Departement du Pas-de-Calais, Nord-Pas-de-Calais, France. Philip was the youngest son of William and Ann Sant and married Alice Johnson of New Farm Tetton Bridge. He was a private of 1/4th Battalian, Kings Shropshire Light Infantry, originally the Herefordshire Regiment. His military number was 239112.